Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 8:10pm at Grace United Church
Minutes: Presented minutes from November 26, 2019 meeting.
MOTION by Bill A., seconded Garry C., to adopt minutes from November 26, 2019 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Brian S., carried.
Discussed the Metis Hunting Rights article sent by SWF.
SWF Survey discussion, need more members to fill it out and email it in. Joanna K. to post on FB and website and remind members to complete it and send it in.
Larry C. presented Christmas card from City Locksmithing and newsletter from Lloyd Interval Society.
Dwayne D. briefly reviewed the AFGA Resolutions. These can be found on AFGA’s website for more information. AFGA Awards will take place in April 2020.
Memberships – 610 LDFGA, 246 Outdoor, 112 Indoor
Membership pricing to be discussed at the June 2020 meeting.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – Joanna K. to update information on application and poster. Bill A. to check with Brian S. at Shep’s regarding collecting forms and payments for 2020. Will start to advertise and promote in April.
Indoor Range –The conveyor belt is at the range and is needing to be installed. Darwin G. is organizing this. Brief discussion regarding security.
Outdoor Range – The electrical equipment still needs to be removed from the IPSC storage building.
Conservation Camp – NR
Scholarships- Bill A. will contact schools in February.
Merchandise – NR
Habitat/Gordon Leslie Project –NR
Hide Program – Some people have been inquiring. There is no Hide Program in effect.
Trout Ponds – FINS equipment was given to Shawn M at ES Laird School.
Trophies – Ab E. updated. Trophy info has been sent to Trophy Gallery. Photo contest judging to take place this week. Program is ready other than adding photo contest winners.
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show– Dwayne D. has done up the floor plan. 249 tables have been confirmed to date. Friday set up for vendors will start at 1pm and go until 7pm. Mike H., Janelle M., and Dwayne D. will go at 8am on Friday to set up tables. Deposit to be paid to SSC. Discussed sending out survey to vendors on Saturday. Gun has been purchased for the draw from Wildside Outdoors.
Archery Club / Youth Center – Youth Programs are up and running. Information regarding fun shoots will be sent to Joanna K. to post. Archery shoot at the SK Building at the Exhibition on Saturday January 11th & 12th 2020.
Banquet – Ab E. donated half a moose for the banquet. This will be made into sausage and jerky and burger. Keith B, Brian S., Larry C., Carlo M., Jeff F., Garry C., Wayne B. all volunteered to help make sausage and jerky. Friday night prep volunteers include Brian S., Jeff F., Garry C., Wayne B., Larry C., Daryl L., Bill A., Earl K. and Dwayne D. Volunteers will be needed for Saturday during the day as well. Dwayne D. will ask other members regarding Saturday help.
Discussed the change of the Banquet program. Garry C. mentioned possible wild pig donation. Discussion regarding complimentary tickets. Dwayne D. will be doing the radio interview and will also look into possible options for an MC. Backdrop for photos is set to arrive this week. Gun for the Live Auction was purchased at Prophet River Firearms. Dwayne to get info regarding this firearm to Joanna so she can advertise on FB/website.
Fish Fry –NR
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Gerry R. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Carlo M., carried.
- Gerald J. is donating a rifle to the club for raffle. Draw will be done at Fish Fry.
- Discussed online memberships.
- Bucks & Bulls Social Night on December 12, 2019 had 27 attendees.
- SK Bird Workshop will be held on February 28, 2020. Space for this is limited to 40 people. The event will take place at the LDFGA Youth Center. Dwayne Davison will send Joanna more information to pass onto the members and post on website and social media.
- The “Winter Cultural Camp”, organized by Clint Chocan, is up to approx. 300 students. The camp will take place January 13-17, 2020 at the LDFGA youth Center facility. Activities will include archery, snow shoeing, orienteering, fire building, storytelling, spirituality, and bannock making. The LDFGA will provide instruction for the archery portion of the event- still looking for another LAA member to help with this.
- A volunteer(s) are needed to take over mowing at the range.
- AFGA Camp is requesting AGLC Id#. Dwayne D. is looking into this.
- SWF Convention- Joanna K., Larry C., Ian P. and Garry C. to attend.
AFGA Convention- Gerry R. and Ab E. to attend.
MOTION for adjournment by Brian S.
Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Larry C., Joanna K., Bill A., Brian S., Ab E., Gerry R., Darwin G., Jeff F., Curtis P., Janelle M., Ian P., Mike H., Keith B., Garry C., Wayne B., Daryl L., and Carlo M.
LDFGA Monthly Meeting January 28, 2020 7:30 PM Grace United Church