Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:38pm at LDFGA Youth Center.
Minutes: Presented minutes from April 30, 2019 meeting.
Change ‘signs’ to ‘fence’ under Habitat.
MOTION by Bill A., seconded Jeff F., to adopt minutes from April 30 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Bill A., carried.
Discussed Len Thompson lures which should arrive early to mid June.
Larry read AFGA Letter regarding raffle tickets for Narrow Lake camp and Wildlife Record books for sale.
MOTION by Garry C. to buy 10 Wildlife Record books, seconded by Gerry R., carried.
Memberships – 1218 LDFGA, 562 Outdoor, 230 Indoor
Dwayne D. to correspond with Joanna K. regarding membership promotion.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – Archery coordinator still needed. There are 50 applicants so far but 9 of them are 2nd year so we will hold those spots open for 1st year applicants until the deadline. Joanna K. to do the spreadsheet once all applicants are in. If the lures arrive in time we will use those as souvenir, if they don’t then we will use compasses. Larry C. to contact Advanced Camp attendees and ask if they would like to volunteer.
A drone will be taking photos of the Activity Day.
Indoor Range – RSOs are opening more often. Need to shut off furnace. Discussed if there is any interest in organizing a pistol event.
Outdoor Range – Discussed water runoff issues. Dwayne D. will send out an email looking for volunteers to help clean this up. Discussed a range clean up, it shouldn’t take more than one day. Target boards need to be fixed. Discussed issues with shot gun use at the range by a few members. Shot guns are not allowed at the range.
Conservation Camp –A couple of spots left in the SK Girls Camp.
Merchandise – NR
Habitat/Gordon Leslie Project –NR
Hide Program –NR
Trout Ponds – Garry C. updated. Broken seat at the SK pond that needs to be fixed. Water is being tested at the West pond and if the results are safe for fish, we will get a couple of hundred trout to stock it with.
Trophies – Joanna K. to send Ab E. an up to date membership list and a list of Trophy Sponsors still owing. Bears are starting to come in for measuring.
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show– Still in need of a volunteer to take over the Chairperson position of the Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show. This could be done with two people. Joanna K. to send email to members who have checked off that they would like to volunteer.
Archery Club / Youth Center – Regular shoot nights will continue until June 14th. Archery will be closed from June 15th through to August 15th 2019. Joanna K. to post on website.
Banquet – NR
Fish Fry –The next Fish Fry will be on April 23, 2020.
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Bill A. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
1. Andrew N. updated on Project Mapleseed. The event is now sold out. Andrew will order portable toilet. Volunteers are needed to help set up on July 9th 2019. Range will close at 7pm on July 9th for set up and all day July 10th for the event. Joanna K. posted on website and will post a reminder on FB the week before the event.
2. IPSC update on seacan. Discussed other possible options. Ian P. will look into something. Should be approx. 8×16 in size. The first IPSC practice will take place on Thursday May 30, 2019 with 6:30pm set up and a 7pm start. Joanna K. to put notice on website and FB.
3. AHA Shed Hunting contest ends May 31st 2019.
4. AFGA Narrow Lake work bee this weekend, June 1st and 2nd 2019.
5. Foster Property cleanup will be hired out to a non-profit group due to a lack of LDFGA volunteers. It is unfortunate that with a club this size that there will not enough people to do this project.
6. Discussed the LAA/LDFGA/Youth Center signs for Hwy 303. Garth will be talking with SK Hwy regarding this however we may not meet the requirements to have signs on the Hwy.
7. Further discussion on LAA bear proof garbage cans. The price is too high, it was mentioned that they could possibly be built.
1. Board of Directors meeting in Moose Jaw this weekend, June 1st 2019, which Dwayne D. will be attending.
2. Discussed the Trespass Law. Dwayne clarified that the law was not put on hold as previously mentioned, rather it was passed and the SK Gov’t has asked various interest groups for their input on the application of the law.
3. Discussed holstering at the ranges. Dwayne K. clarified what IPSC holstering would entail. IPSC holstering only allows loaded weapons inside the shooting box. Holstering would be done only by Black Badge/IPSC trained members and proof of certification will be required, this will be monitored by RSOs. Discussion regarding distributing the rules and regulations of the LDFGA when memberships are purchased, possibly with a link to the website where they could be posted and printed out. Dwayne D. discussed that the range rules needing to be enforced.
MOTION by Andrew N., that the LDFGA allow static line holstering for Black Badge/IPSC Trained members at the LDFGA Indoor Pistol Range anytime that it is open, seconded by Dwayne K., carried.
MOTION by Andrew N., that the LDFGA allow static line holstering for Black Badge/IPSC Trained members at the LDFGA Outdoor Pistol Bay anytime that it is open, seconded by Dwayne K., carried.
4. Discussed possibly holding a Black Badge course at the range.
MOTION by Scott N., to allow a Black Badge Course at the LDFGA Range, seconded by Dwayne K., carried.
MOTION for adjournment by Carlo M.
Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Larry C., Andrew N., Jeff F., Bill A., Brian H., Garry C., Gerry R., Ab E., Joanna K., Reid B., Calvin M., Ian P., Dwayne K., Christine C., Carlo M., Scott N.
Presidents BBQ June 25, 2019 5:30PM LDFGA YOUTH CENTER
LDFGA Meeting June 25, 2019 7:30 PM LDFGA YOUTH CENTER