Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:29pm at Grace United Church.


Minutes: Presented minutes from October 30, 2018 meeting.

MOTION by Ian P., seconded Garry C., to adopt minutes from October 30 meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Brian S., carried.


Larry C. announced that Dwayne D. was elected SWF Region 2 Director.


Correspondence:  Discussed the SWF ‘Access to Private Land’ information letter. SWF is forming a new Advancing Women in Conservation focus group and would like two nominations from each region by January 1, 2018. If you or some other woman is interested in this, notify Dwayne Davison. AFGA’s 2018 Resolution Responses is available, as well as details regarding AFGA’s new partnership with Honda Canada, are available on their website. AFGA also has a rifle scope draw for all members who have taken the Hunter Safety Course within the last five years, details on AFGA’s website.


Committee Reports:


Memberships Curtis P. – 1519 LDFGA, 281 Indoor, 757 Outdoor

Dwayne D. to get LDFGA newsletter ready and Garry C. will do up LDFGA poster of upcoming events for mail out. Curtis P. will order new membership forms from Image Press.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayBill A. updated on compasses for future years.

Indoor Range Brian H. commented on what guns are allowed to be used at the range and suggested a sign that outlines this be posted at the range. Dwayne D. brought up the possibility of hosting an event at the range in the near future. Discussion regarding the need for more RSOs to open the range and the possibility of having a schedule. Discussed ideas for having the range open more. Curtis P. and Brian H. will contact the RSOs and look further into this.

Outdoor Range The IPSC Pistol Bay approval was received. Dwayne D. discussed the details of the approval. Revisited the issue of the FOB gate not being closed and the possibility of installing an alarm on the entrance gate. Dwayne D. will look into getting an alarm.  The NO PETS ALLOWED sign is ready to be put up, Dwayne D. will take care of this.

Conservation Camp Larry C. will call regarding the AFGA Camp application deadline of December 25 2018.

Scholarships-   Bill A. will present a scholarship to Joshua Golem on November 30, 2018 at the Holy Rosary Awards Night. Joshua’s sister will be accepting his award on his behalf.


Habitat/Gordon Leslie ProjectGarry C. updated that signs were put up at the Gordon Leslie and Foster properties.

Hide ProgramLarry C. was unsuccessful with getting the Hutterite Colonies to purchase hides.

Trout Ponds NR

TrophiesAb E. discussed sponsorship still needed on some awards. Joanna K. to send an updated membership list to Ab. Discussion regarding the September 1st deadline, for purchasing a membership, in order to be eligible for awards. The possible addition of more Youth Trophies was discussed for the 2019 season.


Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show–   Brian S. updated for Angie J. There are currently 37 vendors booked. Discussed the delegation of jobs such as pistol check, security and advertising. Dwayne D. will take care of the TV and radio advertising. Also discussed advertising in “The Morning News” and the “Weekly Bean”. Still looking for someone to shadow Angie J. this year in preparation to take over running the show. Discussed display tables. Dwayne D. also brought up some registration issues.

Archery Club / Youth Center Youth programs are in full swing.

Banquet Larry C. received confirmation from Brendon Labatte regarding speaking at the banquet. Reminder to spread the word that we are still looking for meat donations, Dwayne D. took notices regarding meat donations to the gun shops. Exsile Reloaded will be a major sponsor. Rifle for Ping Pong has been purchased. Larry C. will not be able to attend the banquet but will have someone lined up to help write receipts, etc. A banquet planning meeting will be planned for December (date TBA).

Fish Fry – NR


Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Brian S. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Wayne B., carried.



Old Business:

  1. Dwayne D. revisited Clint J. Clubroot presentation from last month.
  2. Discussion regarding the use of LDFGA facilities for Hunter Safety, PAL & RPAL courses.
  3. Revisited discussion regarding previous inquiry for Indoor Range use by two groups.



New Business:


  1. Dwayne D. announced the date for LDFGA 2019 AGM will be Wednesday January 9, 2019 at 7pm at Grace United Church. Elections will take place at the AGM. Discussion regarding who will put their name forward.

MOTION for adjournment by Ian P.


Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Joanna K., Larry C., Brian S., Gerry R., Andrew N., Bill A., Ian P., Wayne B., Ab E., Brian H., Garry C., Carlo M., Terence H., and Curtis P.


LDFGA AGM                      January 9, 2019                              7:00 PM               GRACE UNITED CHURCH

Regular Meeting to follow at 7:30pm