Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:32pm at LDFGA Youth Center.


Minutes: Presented minutes from October 29, 2019 meeting.

MOTION by Bill A., seconded Brian S., to adopt minutes from October 29th meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Garry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Brian S., carried.




AFGA Annual Service Awards list was passed around the table.

December 5th, from 2-8pm, is the AFGA Christmas Open House.


Committee Reports:

Memberships 1508 LDFGA, 749 Outdoor, 257 Indoor

Membership mail out will be done first week of December. Dwayne D. is updating the membership sales instructional note for gun shops. 2020 Membership forms are now being sold.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayNR

Indoor Range The conveyor belt is at the range and is needing to be installed. Darwin G. is organizing this.

Outdoor Range The electrical equipment still needs to be removed from the IPSC storage building.

Conservation Camp Archery at SK camp will begin this spring.

Scholarships-   NR


Habitat/Gordon Leslie ProjectBert Smith Property update by Dwayne D. Garry C. updated on Gordon Leslie property. Dwayne also updated on the Foster Property.

Hide Program Some people have been inquiring. There is no Hide Program in effect.

Trout Ponds Ice is not thick enough for ice fishing as of November 26th. Some small finishing touches need to be done to finish up the bathroom reno.

TrophiesAb E. updated.

Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show–   Applications were sent out mid-October and 37 have come back to date. Dwayne D. suggested handing out a questionnaire to get feedback from the vendors on how they perceive all aspects of our show. Deposit of 50% will need to be paid to the facility. Vendor parking sign needs to be made. Gun Show meeting for Janelle M, Brian S., Dwayne D. and Joanna K. will be held on Thursday December 5th at 7pm at Joanna K.’s.

Archery Club / Youth Center Youth Programs are up and running.  Information regarding fun shoots will be on the LDFGA Website and the LAA Facebook page once finalized. Dwayne D. will get this information to Joanna to post on the website. Exsile is sponsoring one night of Youth Programs by supplying coaches.

Banquet Curly H. is ordering shirts for bartenders. Dwayne D. will get tickets ordered and will handle media advertisements. Garry C. will help with advertising. Thank you to Ab E. who donated ½ a moose for the banquet. This will be made into sausage and jerky. Fish batter testing still needs to be done. Banquet committee meeting will be held on Tuesday December 17th .

Fish Fry –NR



Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Garry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Darwin G., carried.


Old Business:

  1. Gerald J. is donating a rifle to the club for raffle. Draw will be done at Fish Fry.
  2. Mark Fossett has been contacted and he will try to get the lead cleaned out soon.
  3. Discussed online memberships.
  4. Bucks & Bulls Social Night on December 12, 2019 at Moose Lodge. This is a social event. Posters were handed out at the meeting and will be hung up at Gun Shops, etc. There will be some door prizes. Admission is $10 and snacks/appetizers will be provided. There will also be a cash bar.
  5. Bill A. and Dwayne D. discussed the “Winter Cultural Camp” that is organized by Clint Chocan. This is a school group event for a total of 275 students. The camp will take place January 13-17, 2020 at the LDFGA youth Center facility. Activities will include archery, snow shoeing, orienteering, fire building, storytelling, spirituality, and bannock making. The LDFGA will provide instruction for the archery portion of the event.
  6. A volunteer is needed to take over mowing at the range. Discussed thanking Don Mark for all of his hard work.
  7. AFGA Camp is requesting AGLC Id#. Dwayne D. is looking into this.


New Business:

  1. LAA has received approval from SK Highways to put up signs. LDFGA will participate with this.
  2. Banquet Committee meeting will be held on December 17th at 7pm.
  3. SK Bird Workshop will be held on February 28, 2020. Space for this is limited to 40 people. The event will take place at the LDFGA Youth Center. More information will be available soon.
  4. CWD Testing discussion. Some zones in AB require mandatory testing. SK is discussing mandatory testing.
  5. Discussion regarding LDFGA Meetings being held in Lloydminster year round.

MOTION by Joanna K. to hold LDFGA meetings at Grace United Church all year round with the exception of June and August, which would be held at LDFGA Youth Centre, seconded by Daryl L., carried.



MOTION for adjournment by Ian P.


Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Larry C., Bill A., Joanna K., Garry C., Daryl L., Brian S., Ab E., Ian P., Gerald J., Wayne B., Brian H. and Darwin G.


LDFGA AGM                                      January 7, 2020                 7:00 PM               Grace United Church

LDFGA Monthly Meeting              January 7, 2020                7:30 PM               Grace United Church