Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:37pm at LDFGA Youth Center.

Minutes: Presented minutes from May 28, 2019 meeting.

MOTION by Brian S., seconded Daryl L., to adopt minutes from May 28th meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Terence H., carried.



Discussed AFGA emails regarding National Fishing Week, Bill C-71, and a chance to win a quad with an insurance quote. Email from Victor Benz concerning feral horses. Discussed the retirement announcement of AFGA Executive VP Martin Sharren. Email regarding AFGA Antelope fence project.


Committee Reports:

Memberships 1279 LDFGA, 592 Outdoor, 234 Indoor

Dwayne D. to correspond with Joanna K. regarding membership promotion. Joanna K. discussed online membership issues with Pay Pal. Dynasoft is working to fix the issue.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayLarry C. read update from Bill A. Another successful event even with the rain. There were 46 kids that attended (50 were registered). Thank you to all of the volunteers who came out and helped. The fishing lures were a big hit. Jaime from The Source will be doing a write up. Volunteers shared their stories and experiences from the day. Discussed notifying parents 2 weeks prior to the event rather than the week of. Dwayne and Larry will figure out pricing for the fishing lures if any members are interested in purchasing some.

Indoor Range Discussed if there is any interest in organizing a pistol event. Discussed possibly using conveyor belting for the backstop. Brian S. and Wayne B. to forward information to Darwin G. regarding some used belting. Mark Fossett, a vendor from the gun show, is willing to clean and haul the spent lead bullets from the range at no charge to the LDFGA. A contract would need to be done up.

MOTION by Larry C. to give Mark Fossett access to clean the spent lead bullets at the LDFGA Indoor Range, at a mutually agreed time and at no cost or liability to the LDFGA, and the range must be left clean when completed, seconded by Andrew N., carried.

Outdoor Range Discussed water runoff issues. Dwayne D. will send out an email looking for volunteers to help clean this up. Discussed that range clean up should also be done. IPSC group will be building new movable Pistol Bay target back stops for regular pistol shooting. Black Badge course is full and will be held on July 13 & 14 2019.

Conservation CampLarry C. to talk to Carlo M. regarding sponsorship for SK attendees. Discussed the Shed Hunting contest.

Scholarships-   NR


Habitat/Gordon Leslie Projectwrite up in the AB magazine about Gordon Leslie.

Hide ProgramNR

Trout Ponds AB Ministry of Environmental Parks stocked the West pond with 300-400 Rainbow Trout. Trout will not large enough to start fishing until late Fall or Winter. Two 45 gallon drums were donated by Nalco Champion Chemicals. Wooden box built by Bea Fisher Center for approx. $690 will require water proofing and some stain. Blythe Vacuum donated one used metal toilet tank with a wooden top. Garry C. will haul to site when it dries up. Garry C. is working on pricing for signs that will have the donors listed, will be same size as MacDougall.


Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show–   Still in need of a volunteer to take over the Chairperson position of the Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show. This could be done with two people. Rooms should be booked for vendors at the Best Western Plus (Connected to the Servus Sports Center. Dwayne D. will take care of this. The next Gun Show will be on January 18th and 19th 2020.

Archery Club / Youth Center Regular indoor shoot nights are finished until August 15th.  Outdoor archery is still open. Fun shoots will start again in the fall.

Banquet Discussed having a planning meeting, will choose a date at the August 27th meeting. The next banquet will be on January 25th 2020.

Fish Fry –NR


Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Brian S. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Daryl L., carried.


Old Business:

  1. Andrew N. updated on Project Mapleseed. The event is sold out. Andrew will order portable toilet.


New Business:

  1. SWF Habitat Golf Tournament was attended by Dwayne D. and Larry C. Lots of fun was had and was a great fundraiser for SWF.
  2. Kevin Romeo will start working on the Foster Property as soon as he can.
  3. Gerald J. would like to donate the rifle he purchased back to the LDFGA to raffle off. The LDFGA would need to get a raffle license. Dwayne D. will look into this.
  4. Discussed National Hunting and Fishing Survey. There was a big response from Saskatchewan.
  5. Henry Kelsey is being reviewed as there have been errors over the years and corrections are being done.
  6. Dwayne D. discussed some SWF Board meeting items including lease holders not allowing the public to fish stocked lakes, 579 less SWF members this year, NASP Provincials and Nationals held in Moose Jaw and had over 900 archers. Dwayne D. was nominated for Chairman of the Hannin Creek Board. Discussed Trespass Legislation.
  7. Trophy Books have been ordered. Need to decide what to do with them at the next meeting.


MOTION for adjournment by Brian S.


Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Ronda D., Larry C., Linda C., Andrew N., Jeff F., Brian S., Ab E., Joanna K., John P., Wayne B., Heather B., Daryl L., Gerald J., and Terence H.


LDFGA Meeting                  August 27, 2019                            7:30 PM               LDFGA YOUTH CENTER