Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:40pm via ZOOM online.
Minutes: Presented minutes from Online ZOOM meeting May 26, 2020
MOTION by Brian S. to adopt minutes from May 26, 2020 meeting as presented. Seconded by Keith B. carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Brian S. Carried.
Dwayne D. discussed about the SWF Trap Shoot on July 11, 2020 at the Hanley Sporting Grounds. They are looking for SWF Branch Sponsorship. Motion by Carlo M. to donate $250.00 to the event. Seconded by Mike H. Carried
Memberships – 1372 LDFGA, 672 Outdoor, 274 Indoor. Memberships can be purchased again at Prophet River, Wildside Outdoors and Shep’s Sports.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – Event has been cancelled due to COVID19.
Indoor Range –Keith B. and Darwin G. are still overseeing the maintenance being completed at the range and would like to get this all completed before the range is allowed to reopen again. Due to COVID19, it’s still shut down. Keith B. gave an update that the conveyor belt has been installed, and we are still waiting for a welder. Possibly looking at some volunteers for framing.
Outdoor Range – Mike H. gave an update in regards to the range clean up that about 8-9 people came to help, the pistol bay has been fixed, the dumpster has been filled, and the timbers still need to get put up on the back of the pistol bay. Dwayne D. also provided an update that the policing authorities have been approved to use our indoor and outdoor range for training and investigative purposes.
Conservation Camp – The SWF and AFGA camps are cancelled due to COVID19. Hannin Creek is booking for the fall. Ian P. will call in regards to the culverts.
Scholarships- NR. Bill A. mentioned one parent has called to get more information.
Merchandise – NR
Habitat/Gordon Leslie Project / Trout Ponds – Garry C. gave an update that the trout pond has algae on it. He was in contact with a lady named Jennifer out of either North Battleford or Saskatoon, and she feels it’s been stocked already. Mike H. went out Sunday and found some fish, maybe two. He has a sonar that was able to assist in this. Keith B. has a canoe and can possibly take it out to do some research. Larry C. provided an update about the roofing project at the MacDougall Pond and that it went great with a good work crew. Some further maintenance such as painting, the north fence, benches, and doors on toilets need to be done. It was also talked that roll paint would be better than spray paint, as previously discussed.
Trophies – NR
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show– Dwayne D. received the quotes from the Lloyd Exhibition and City of Lloydminster for a 3 year contract to host the LDFGA Gun & Outdoor Sportsman Show. This will be awarded shortly.
Archery Club / Youth Center – Dwayne D. Provided an update that the archery range has been set up. Reminder that the Lloydminster & Area Archers are offering to all LDFGA members, the use of the Outdoor FITA and Outdoor 3D Archery Ranges, for the rest of the summer and fall. LDFGA members do not require a LAA membership for this use of these facilities. It was also discussed that the grass on the 3D range has been cut.
Banquet – Dwayne D. mentioned a banquet meeting needs to be set.
Fish Fry – Bill A. provided an update that people have been asking for refunds for the Fish Fry, however people need to provide the actual ticket for that refund. Janelle M. mentioned that very few people have been in for a refund.
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Garry C. pay outstanding bills, seconded by Mike H., carried.
- Mike H. and Garry C. take over the mowing at the range. Possibly Don Mark as well.
- Andrew N. provided an update for Project Mapleseed. It will proceed and is happening on July 12, 2020 at the Outdoor Range. Andrew N. sent an email with a picture to Tawnya L. to email to the members, post on the website, as well as to Facebook and Instagram. The range will need to be shut down on the Saturday July 11, at 7pm to get it ready for the event. Andrew N. has a sign to put up at the range that it will be closed on July 11 at 7pm, as well as July 12 for the event. Volunteers will be needed for this, Keith B. and Mike H. mentioned they should be able to help.
- Ab E. has not heard back about the metal targets being purchased, as we would like to get these sold.
- Andrew N. has got together a list of signage at the Outdoor Range. We are still working on consolidating the signage. Dwayne D., Andrew N., Reid B., and Mike H. will have a meeting about which rules need to be added/taken away.
- There has been lots of discussion with donations being made to the CCFR from clubs in both the SWF and AFGA. A previous motion was made at the last meeting to donate $1,500 to the CCFR legal fund. That motion was brought back to the floor and carried.
- Dwayne D. discussed the FINS program at Bishop Lloyd School. He spoke with a contact there, and they are looking for $1,700. We passed a motion to donate $1,000 and Bishop Lloyd has been notified of this donation. SWF will send an invoice to us in December.
- The Lloyd and Area Archers cleaned out the old roofing tiles out of the garage, however it’s still needs a further cleaning. A work-bee will need to be organized. Dump trailer may be made available. Larry C. also mentioned that we need to consider putting a new roof on the garage in the near future.
- Discussion was to reschedule the President’s June BBQ to August. Please watch the website, your emails, and Facebook/Instagram for further updates.
MOTION for adjournment by Brian S.
Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Reid B., Larry C., Ab E., Keith B., Garry C., Andrew N., Bill A., Tawnya L., Mike H., Janelle M., Ian P., Carlo M., Brian S., and Gerry R.
LDFGA Monthly Meeting August 25, 2020 7:30 PM LDFGA Youth Center
President’s BBQ August 25, 2020 5:30 PM LDFGA Youth Center
(Providing Provincial Regulations allow this meeting and BBQ to proceed)