Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:38pm via ZOOM online. Intro new Admin Assist. Tawnya L.

Minutes: Presented minutes from Online Discussions March 31, 2020

MOTION by Jeff F., seconded Andrew N., to adopt minutes from March 31, 2020 meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Darwin G., carried.



Dwayne D. discussed SWF emails regarding projects such as the educational booklets and the biodiversity seed packets that are available to SWF members from Head Office. Members can go on the SWF website and look at the educational info available and order the seed packets. Larry C. read a thank you note from AFGA regarding donations given at convention as well as SWF thank you email regarding donations given at convention.


Committee Reports:

Memberships 1264 LDFGA, 607 Outdoor, 244 Indoor

Discussion regarding increasing our membership numbers. Tawnya L. will be taking over membership chair/administration as of May 1, 2020.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayEvent has been cancelled due to COVID19.

Indoor Range Closed until further notice, due to COVID19. Discussion regarding SK government’s plan to relax some COVID19 regulations and whether or not the range falls into phase 2 of this plan. If the range does open, social distancing regulations will need to be followed. Keith B. brought up the discussion of if some maintenance and painting could be done at the range during shut down if the proper precautions were taken. After discussion, it was decided that if only 1-2 people were to be there at a time, and followed the proper social distancing regulations, that this should be ok. Keith B. and Darwin G. will oversee this.

As well as the conveyor belt is at the range and is needing to be installed. This could possibly also be done during shut down. Dwayne D. will contact Mark Fawcett.

Outdoor Range Range is still open and signage has been put up to follow social distancing and there is a maximum of 10 people at the range at one time. Andrew N. discussed signage at the range. The goal is to consolidate the signs and make them permanent. Mike H. suggested that a ‘Suggestion Box’ be added to the range as well as a bulletin board for posting as soon as you enter the Outdoor range. There are also some sponsors that still need to be posted which should be done just to the right of the Exsile sign. Discussion regarding water on the range which needs to be diverted so that it drains properly.  It was mentioned that the firing line needs to be clearly marked. Painting with stencils on the benches and ground should help with this. Separating the firing line can only be done during an approved IPSC event. IPSC practice nights will be Thursdays at 7pm. The electrical equipment still needs to be removed from the IPSC storage building. Talk to Randy N. or Dwayne K. to help out with that. Repairs need to be done at the 100m and some other target stands.

Conservation Camp This is still up in the air and will be revisited in May.

Scholarships-   NR


Habitat/Gordon Leslie ProjectGarry C. will go up to Gordon Leslie property when it dries up. Final clean up to be done at the Foster property.


Trout Ponds Garry C. put up signs at both ponds. There is still some ice. The dock at McDougall had moved but Larry and Garry moved it back. The toilet has been sided and the door is made but still needs to be hung. Shelter has been measured for roofing. There is some graffiti inside that will need to be painted over and the outside of the shelter could also use paint. Garry C. can help with his electric paint sprayer. Septic tank may need to be pumped when ice melts.

Trophies Joanna K. to email Ab. invoices of sponsors who still need to pay.

Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show–   NR

Archery Club / Youth Center All LAA events are cancelled until further notice due to COVID19.

Banquet Possible online meeting.

Fish Fry –cancelled due to COVID19. Ticket refunds to be done at the store they were purchased at once they reopen.


Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Larry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Jeff F., carried.


Old Business:

  1. Need someone to take over mowing at our property.
  2. Staying in contact with Project Mapleseed to check the status of our shooting event scheduled for July 12, 2020. All Mapleseed Events up to May 31, 2020 have been cancelled due to COVID19.


New Business:

  1. Shep will check to see if there are any memberships to be picked up at the store. Dwayne D. will pick up.
  2. There is a new sign on #303 that directs people to the Fish and Game/Archery Youth Centre. This is the one that LAA got approved. The LDFGA had previously agreed to pay 50% of the cost. The total was $1469.59 so our cost will be $734.80. They will invoice us for this.
  3. Discussion regarding Metal Targets. Discussion on whether to sell the targets or keep them. They should be sold as a set (40 in a set) and offer to sell to members before other clubs. Mike H. mentioned possibly having an ‘Outlaw Shoot’. Mike H. will get a key for the garage at the range from Dwayne D.
  4. LDFGA to get a ZOOM account for holding online meetings. Dwayne D. and Tawnya L. will look into this.
  5. Discussion regarding incident at the Outdoor Range. A 45 day suspension was given to the LDFGA Outdoor Range member.
  6. SK Hwy Patrol has inquired about doing some training at one or both of our ranges.
  7. Discussion regarding a mandatory orientation and/or exam before being able to purchase a range membership. Dwayne D. will forward info from another range to the Exec, so we can compare notes. Janelle M. will look into possibly adding a small section to her safety courses about range etiquette and range rules.

MOTION for adjournment by Joanna K.


Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Larry C., Joanna K., Ab E. Jeff F., Keith B., Garry C., Andrew N., Darwin G., Tawnya L., Curtis P., Gerald J., Daryl L., Mike H., Janelle M., Reid B., and Carlo M.



LDFGA Monthly Meeting              May 26, 2020                    7:30 PM               Grace United Church

(Providing Provincial Regulations allow this meeting)