Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:37pm at the LDFGA Youth Center.
Minutes: Presented minutes from April 24, 2018 meeting.
MOTION by Bill A., seconded Brian H., to adopt minutes from April 24 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
Correspondence: Vermillion 4H Club sent an invitation to Dwayne D. and guest to attend their “Volunteer Thank You” supper. Unfortunately Dwayne was not able to attend.
Memberships – Terence H. – 1285 LDFGA, 249 Indoor, 595 Outdoor
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – Will be held on June 23, 2018. The school bus transportation has been approved. Garry C. will be in charge of the BBQ lunch. Volunteers are lined up to help with the activities. Jeff F. will be in charge of safe handling. Joanna K. to do up registration spreadsheet for Bill A. Discussed thank you gift cards for volunteers. Discussion regarding purchasing more souvenir compasses for future events.
MOTION by Larry C. to purchase 300 more compasses at $3 each, for future Youth Activity Days, seconded by Jeff F., carried. Motion tabled until June 26, 2018 meeting.
Indoor Range – The Indoor Range certification has been extended to August 31, 2018. Emergency lighting was installed by Dwayne D. Sign for door will need to be ordered.
Outdoor Range – Dwayne D. updated on range certification which has been extended to August 31, 2018. Proposal for changes was submitted to the Sask. CFO on April 30, 2018. Correspondence has taken place since that and the Sask. CFO will be on site on June 1, 2018 to review the proposal and inspect the range. The outdoor range will be closed on June 1, 2018 from 10am to 4pm.
Conservation Camp – Larry C. updated on both SK and AB camps. There are 3 boys accepted and paid for the advanced AB camp and 1 for the basic AB camp. There are 2 girls and 1 boy accepted and paid for in the SK camp. Dwayne D. went to the Rotary club meeting to speak about the LDFGA and Conservation Camps.
Scholarships- Bill A. met with the school counsellors about guiding applicants when applying for the scholarships. The applicants should clearly show that they will be entering into Environmental Studies.
Merchandise – NR
Hide Program – Hide boxes have been picked up.
Trout Ponds – Dwayne D. fielded a couple of inquiries regarding when the ponds will be stocked.
Trophies – NR
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show– NR
Archery Club / Youth Center – Archery Programs are now complete and the Archery Club will be closed June 15-August 15, 2018. Joanna K. to put this on the website and Facebook.
MOTION by Curtis P. to purchase additional security equipment and power back up, with approximate cost of $1100, for the Youth Center/Archery Club, seconded by Brian H., carried. Motion tabled until the June 26, 2018 meeting.
Gordon Leslie Project – NR
Banquet – Crystal R. is donating a bear that she shot for the upcoming 2019 banquet. Discussion regarding SK Roughrider, Brendon Labatte, speaking at the 2019 banquet. Larry C. will look into this further.
Fish Fry – NR
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Bill A. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Terence H., carried.
- Panic doors need to be installed at the Indoor Range. Gary B. and Dwayne D. will do this.
- Andrew N. gave a quick update on Project Mapleseed. Proposed date is Thursday August 16, 2018. Andrew N. will contact Darwin G. in regards to volunteer RSO’s for the event.
- Dwayne D. updated on the Call of the Wild Show which will be held on August 17th, 18th and 19th 2018. LDFGA will participate with Bullseye Productions in hosting the Gun Show portion of the event. Dwayne D. will confirm number of tables. Volunteers will be needed to help set up and work the LDFGA gun check and membership tables. The Archery Club will set up 3 archery lanes at the show. Warren S. is looking over the contract.
- SWF Golf Tournament will be on June 19, 2018 in Elbow, SK. Dwayne D. and Brian H. will be attending. There are still 2 spots available if any LDFGA member is interested please contact Dwayne D.
MOTION by Bill A. to donate $500 to the SWF Golf Tournament, seconded by Curtis P., carried.
- Narrow Lake report by Dwayne D.
- New lawn mower was purchased from Wickham’s. Lloyd Archers will pay for half the cost of the mower.
- Andrew N. brought up having a holster day at the range. This will be brought up again at the June 26, 2018 meeting.
- Presidents BBQ will be held on June 26, 2018 at the Youth Center starting at 5:30pm. Meat and refreshments will be provided, sides and desserts are Pot Luck. All LDFGA are welcome to attend. Let Dwayne Davison know if you plan on attending. Regular monthly meeting will follow at 7:30pm.
MOTION for adjournment by Brian H.
Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Joanna K., Brian H., Curtis P., Gerry R., Jeff F., Larry C., Andrew N., Terence H. and Bill A.
PRESIDENT’S BBQ June 26, 2018 5:30 PM LDFGA YOUTH CENTER
NEXT MEETING June 26, 2018 7:30 PM LDFGA YOUTH CENTER