Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm at the Legion.
Minutes: Presented minutes from September 27, 2016 meeting.
MOTION by Brian H., seconded by Curtis P., to adopt minutes from September 27 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Curtis P., carried.
- Deerfoot Inn sent a fall savings brochure and inquired about convention.
- Michael Derosiers from Cold Lake is offering to do a longshot course. 8 hours in classroom, 2 hours on range. There needs to be a minimum of 6 people interested.
Memberships – Garry C. – 1724 LDFGA, 284 Indoor Range, 777 Outdoor Range. Reviewed 2016 expenses/revenue. Discussed whether to have a mail out again this year.
MOTION by Dwayne D. to leave membership prices the same for 2017, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to continue with the annual mail out, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – June 24, 2017
Indoor Range – Received quote from Lloyd Plumbing and Heating. It is fairly costly; Dwayne D. will get other quotes. Hurricane Industries donating some of their work. Haven’t received invoice yet. Discussed giving them an Indoor Range lane sponsorship if enough is donated.
Brian H. to get longer bolts for tracking system and Curtis P. to put up boards on center beam.
RSO course is on November 20.
Outdoor Range – Need to get sponsor signs done. Look into metal reactive targets for the 200 and 300 yd lanes.
Conservation Camp – Sponsors will be invoiced.
Scholarships – One applicant came late. Congratulation letters will be sent out to both applicants.
MOTION by Bill A. to accept the late scholarship applicant, Jessica Watson, seconded by Gerry R., carried.
Merchandise – NR
Habitat – NR
Hide Program – Help is needed for moving hides on short notice.
Trout Ponds – NR
Trophies – Outstanding sponsors have been contacted.
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show – January 21 and 22, 2017. Applications have been sent out. Dwayne D. to set up radio advertising. We will be selling raffle tickets for a camo recliner which will be drawn at the banquet.
Archery Club / Youth Center – Registration for programs is November 2.
Gordon Leslie Project – NR
Banquet – January 28, 2017. Facility agreement is same as last year. Looking for meat donations. Discussed what entertainment to bring in.
MOTION by Bill A., that the tickets remain at $30 per person, seconded by Larry C., carried.
Fish Fry – April 20, 2017.
MOTION by Larry C., that the tickets remain at $15 per person, seconded by Bill A., carried.
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Gerry R. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
- Need to install panic doors in Indoor range. Will be done when installing new bench area. Need to follow up on non-conformance items. Archery Club will look after Youth center building checks and documentation. Stairs will be built at emergency doors in archery building.
- Dwayne D. will resend draft letter to the range committee for more feedback.
- Committee to review Charter: Trevor D., Reid B., Dwayne D., Gerry R. and Larry C.
- Dwayne D. will book appointment to talk to SK MLA, Colleen Young.
- Grand opening for Indoor Range when it’s colder out and more people using the range.
- Fish In Schools (FinS) Program is underway.
- 2 birds were stuck in exhaust pipe of furnace, right at the blower motor. It was cleaned out and is now running good again.
- Briefly reviewed AFGA and SWF Fall Meetings. Discussed which of LDFGA resolutions passed.
MOTION for adjournment by Bill A.
Present at Meeting: Dwayne D, Larry C, Reid B, Gwen B, Garry C, Jeff S, Brian H, Gerry R, Jeff F, Ab E, Warren S, Curtis P and Bill A.
NEXT MEETING November 29, 2016 7:30 PM LEGION HALL