President Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:40 pm at the Legion.


Minutes: Presented minutes from October 25, 2016 meeting.

MOTION by Brian S., seconded by Garry C., to adopt minutes from October 25 meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Jeff F., carried.



  1. SWF is looking for an old perch mount and a 30” – 40” moose shoulder mount for SACO trailer.


Committee Reports:

Memberships Garry C. – 1738 LDFGA, 287 Indoor Range, 786 Outdoor Range.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayJune 24, 2017

Indoor Range Need bales to cover water line. Dwayne D. checked at Heartland; it is expensive and straw is better. He thinks he knows where to get some.

3 lane sponsors so far: Magnum Gun, Altus Geomatics and Hurricane Industries. Looking into signs from Factory Work Wear.

Working on ducting to get better airflow with a flexible 12” duct. Darwin G. and Dwayne D. will look into it.

Darwin G. – reported 8 signed up for RSO course, only 6 took it. Also 6 present RSOs audited the course.

Warren S. is doing a trial opening of the range on Fridays to see if there is interest in opening 3 days a week. RSOs have set up a schedule to supervise and open the range for the coming year. Schedule is on calendar at range.

Outdoor Range Coating for benches is still being looked into. No cost yet and too cold now. Will be done in spring.

New computer system and internet is running for administering the fobs and gate opening.

Conservation Camp NR



Habitat NR

Hide Program Boxes have been placed: Lashburn, Lloyd landfill and Lloyd Animal Hospital.  We will get $4 a hide.  A lot of people have been calling looking for boxes, but wasn’t cold enough to prevent spoiling.

Trout PondsNR


Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show Angeline J. – January 21 and 22, 2017. 76 tables so far with 37 exhibitors. Dwayne D. will handle advertising. Garry C. will get workers and a schedule. Discussed new exhibitors and Angeline J. was given authority to deal with them on a case by case basis. Larry C. will obtain the gun for draw. Angeline J. will get more draw slips and posters done at Image Press. Darwin G. will chair gun check and set out signs. Larry C. will book Paladin Security.

Archery Club / Youth Center Programs have started and run until April. There was an informal indoor 3D shoot Nov. 20.

Gordon Leslie ProjectNR

BanquetJanuary 28, 2017. NO MEAT donated yet! Looking for meat donations. Discussed buying beef, elk or bison. Dwayne D. will look into cost and go with cheapest. Fish has been ordered. Regular price is up to $7/lb but we will still get it at $6/lb. Larry C. booked stand-up comedian, Lars Callieou.

Fish Fry – April 20, 2017.


Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Gerry R. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Jeff F., carried.


Old Business:

  1. Need to install panic doors in Indoor range. Will be done when installing new bench area. Need to follow up on non-conformance items. Archery Club will look after Youth center building checks and documentation. Stairs have been built at emergency doors in archery building. Cat rentals gave us a good discount on the lift rental for repairing the soffit.
  2. Longshot Shooting School – 3 people interested, but a minimum of 6 are needed. Discussed commercial nature of this course and decided it should only be offered by us for members and we would hire the instructor ourselves for a flat fee. We don’t want outside use of our facilities for commercial purposes. Dwayne will email the instructor, Michael Derosiers, and tell him there isn’t enough interest at this time and that we aren’t interested in commercial ventures at our facilities.
  3. Dwayne D. will resend draft letter to the range committee for more feedback.
  4. Committee to review Charter: Trevor D., Reid B., Dwayne D., Gerry R. and Larry C.
  5. Dwayne D. will book appointment to talk to SK MLA, Colleen Young.
  6. Grand opening for Indoor Range after Christmas when all work on range is done.


New Business:

  1. We need nominations for election at the AGM.
  2. Larry C. booked 3 rooms in hotel for SK Convention in Regina. People interested in attending: Dwayne D., Ian P., Reid B. and spouses.
  3. Dwayne D. suggested putting a team in the Habitat Golf Tournament this year. Brian H. would be interested.


MOTION for adjournment by Bill A.


Present at Meeting: Dwayne D, Larry C, Garry C, Brian H, Gerry R, Jeff F, Angeline J, Brian S and Darwin G.



Annual General Meeting                             January 3, 2017                7:00 PM               Legion Hall

Regular Meeting                                            January 3, 2017                7:30 PM               Legion Hall