Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:38 pm at the Youth Centre.

Minutes: Presented minutes from September 26, 2017 meeting.

MOTION by Garry C., seconded Terence H., to adopt minutes from September 26 meeting, carried.


  1. Larry C. presented letter written by Conservation Camp attendee, Colby T., thanking the LDFGA for the opportunity to attend.
  2. Larry C. presented newsletter from the R.M of Wilton.

Committee Reports:

Memberships Gary C. –1609 LDFGA, 276 Indoor Range, 798 Outdoor Range.

Garry C. presented draft copies of posters for mail-out. 2018 Membership forms are now in circulation. Membership mail out to go out end of November 2017 or beginning of December 2017.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayNR

Indoor Range Dwayne D. discussed possible advertising for the indoor range on the LDFGA website and Facebook page as well as possibly posters at the gun shops. RSO course on November 4th 2017 at the Indoor Range from 9am-4pm.

Outdoor Range Range certification has been extended to April 30, 2018. Dwayne D. discussed signs that will need to be put in place, on the range road, notifying traffic of shooting activity. Survey plan for the range needs to be updated. The backstop at the 100m has been built up. Sponsor signs need to be completed. Follow up with cost for message board. Discussed the possibility of upgrading gongs to thicker ones.

Conservation Camp NR

Scholarships-   There were 6 applicants this year. An adjudicating committee met and 2 applicants were chosen for the scholarships, Connor G. and Jade S. Letters were sent to the other 4 applicants inviting them to reapply in the future. Scholarship certificates will be done up by Joanna K. with the help of Linda C. The scholarships will be announced and presented at the Family Wildlife & Awards Banquet on January 27th 2018.


HabitatDwayne D. to contact head office for signs for the Bert Smith and Foster properties.

Hide ProgramLarry C. discussed the Hide Program report from the Region 2 meeting. LDFGA is in need of a volunteer to take over the hide box program. The responsibilities of this volunteer position were discussed.  Garry C. to contact members on the roster who expressed an interest in volunteering.

Trout PondsDwayne D. is waiting on a cost estimate to fix MacDougall Pond parking lot. Dwayne D. is discussing with a contractor to figure out the best solution for the parking lot. This will need to be put on hold until spring 2018. Fence posts at MacDougall Pond were pushed back into the ground with backhoe. Bathroom siding and painting the posts will also need to be addressed spring 2018.


Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show   Applications for tables are starting to come in. Discussed possibility of advertising outside of Lloydminster. Angeline J. to look into advertising in The Western Producer. Joanna K. to post on LDFGA Facebook page about table rentals. Garry C. will help Angeline J. with Gun Show correspondence.

Archery Club / Youth Center Youth Program registration is complete. Programs have now started. New door was installed for the office.

Gordon Leslie ProjectNR

BanquetDiscussed minutes from committee meeting on October 18, 2017. The next banquet committee meeting to be announced. Still in need of a major sponsor. Earl K. in charge of donations, please contact Earl with any leads on donations beforehand. Joanna K. to put photography contest information on LDFGA Website and Facebook page. Ab E. will be in charge of photography contest submissions.

MOTION by Larry C. to increase the banquet ticket price from $30 to $35, seconded by Garry C., carried.

Fish Fry – NR

Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Larry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Bill A., carried.

Old Business:

  1. Gary B. and Dwayne D. will see that the panic doors are installed at the Indoor range. Need to follow up on non-conformance items at Youth Center. Archery Club will look after building checks and documentation. Dwayne D. will discuss deficiencies and work with others to get this complete.
  2. Youth Center roof repair has been started however weather has put a hold on progress.
  3. Bill A. met and discussed the NASP program with Lloydminster Comp. High School administration. They will let the LDFGA know when the NASP program is up and running.

New Business:

  1. Tyler V. will postpone his presentation about the CCFR (Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights) to the November 28, 2017 meeting.
  2. Larry C. discussed the SWF Fall Meeting report. SK Hunting, Trapping and Fishing Heritage Day (Camo Day) is November 15th 2017. Joanna K. to post about Camo. Day on LDFGA Website and Facebook page.

SK Convention is Feb. 8th-10th 2018 in Prince Albert. Region 2 Awards Banquet is April 21, 2018.

SWF Golf Tournament is June 19th 2018 in Elbow, SK. Hannin Research Lab should be complete by April 2018.

Archery Nationals is set for April 26-29, 2018.

  1. Dwayne D. read the AFGA Fall Meeting report. Discussed applying to AFGA Zone 5 for financial assistance on the Youth Centre roof repair.

MOTION by Curtis P. to apply to AFGA Zone 5 for 50% of Youth Centre roof repair, seconded by Carlo M., carried.


MOTION for adjournment by Garry C.


Present at Meeting: Joanna K., Carlo M., Bill A., Gary C., Wayne B., Daryl L., Gerry R., Darwin G., Curtis P., Terence H., Brian S., Angeline J., Brian H., Matt M., Larry C. and Dwayne D.


NEXT MEETING                               November 28, 2017                       7:30 PM               GRACE UNITED CHURCH