Lloydminster & District Fish & Game Association – Minutes of Meeting – May 31, 2016
Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm at the Youth Center.
Minutes: Presented minutes from April 26, 2016 meeting.
MOTION by Curtis P., seconded by Brian H., to adopt minutes from April 26 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Garry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Bill A., carried.
- AFGA is changing barbed wire fences to smooth wire for antelope.
- Jamie Hagen wants to put a link on our website to his blog about firearms. Discussed maybe doing this on Facebook, not website. Reid B. will respond.
Memberships – Garry C. – 1481 LDFGA, 261 Indoor Range, 599 Outdoor Range.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – June 25, 2016. 48 applicants so far but some have already attended. First time kids have priority over returning kids.
Indoor Range – There is still a leak under water hydrant. Dwayne D. is getting started on that.
Track System is on the road. There is a brokerage fee. Need Volunteers to help build when it gets here. More sponsors interested.
Discussed MGO’s request to bring customers out to the range. Dwayne will get more information about the request.
Outdoor Range – Need to get other sponsor signs done.
Lock on gate is still broken. Waiting for parts. Reid B. will try to find a different company to deal with. We will try to solder the broken piece ourselves.
CEO wants range resurveyed for height of backstops and landowners within a 4 mile radius need to be contacted. Dwayne D. will look after surveyors, Reid will look after landowners.
Concrete quote with both the pads and sidewalk is $15,600. Approved cost was $15,000.
MOTION by Brian H. to add $800 to the original $15,000 for concrete, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
Conservation Camp – AB accepted 4 kids, SK accepted 2 kids; SK is unable to accept the other 2 due to cutbacks.
Scholarships – Deadline is September 20, 2016. 1 applicant already.
Merchandise – NR
Habitat – NR
Hide Program – NR
Trout Ponds – Table replaced and chained down. Fence posts need to be pushed down. Discussed replacing second picnic table.
Club pond’s fencing is worn down. Discussed replacing or removing.
MOTION by Garry C. to take down and clean up fencing, seconded by Corey B., carried.
Dwayne and Garry to look at condition of fence for reuse.
Trophies – A few sponsors haven’t paid yet.
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show – NR
Archery Club / Youth Center – NR
Gordon Leslie Project – Garry C. went out to look. Trees are growing. Deer are eating away at some of the trees.
Banquet – NR
Fish Fry – NR
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Garry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Gerry R., carried.
- Need to install panic doors in Indoor range. Will be done when installing new bench area. Archery Club will look after Youth center building checks and documentation. Panic Doors will be installed instead of quarter-turn handles. Blinds are up.
- Discussed getting Hunter’s education course through LDFGA. There is a SK 2 week course in Regina then have to host a course with a certified instructor.
- Motion on removing age restriction tabled definitely by Trevor D.
- Discussed having a sign to mark our location on 303. LAA is interested in putting up a sign.
- New Facility Agreement was presented to LDD. Just needs to be signed.
- Dwayne D. will resend draft letter to the range committee for more feedback.
- Committee to review Charter: Trevor D., Reid B., Dwayne D., Gerry R. and Larry C.
- RSO course should run even with minimal people. Brian Hemsworth will make a list of interested people.
- Corey B. resigned as Vice President.
- We donated $500 to SWF’s Golf Tournament as we have in the past.
- Boat check stops are looking for zebra mussels. A few have already been found on boats. Dwayne D. will talk to SK MLA to see if we can help.
- Need to repair the soffit on Youth Center. The proper backing needs to be put up behind soffit. Costs about $2000.
MOTION by Corey B. to remove soffit, put on proper backing, and replace soffit, seconded by Gerry R., carried.
- Need to create a resolution for getting answers from biologists about big headed, skinny bodied fish.
- Region 2 and Zone 5 reports will be given next month.
MOTION for adjournment by Brian S.
Present at Meeting: Dwayne D, Gwen B, Reid B, Garry C, Brian H, Gerry R, Brian S, Wayne B, Andrew N, Curtis P, Terence H, Jeff F, Corey B, Gerald J and Bill A.
President’s Potluck Supper June 28, 2016 6:00 PM YOUTH CENTER
NEXT MEETING June 28, 2016 7:30 PM YOUTH CENTER