President Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:40 pm at the Youth Centre.
Minutes: Presented minutes from April 25, 2017 meeting.
MOTION by Jeff F., seconded Gerald J., to adopt minutes from April 25 meeting, carried.
Financial Report: NR
Memberships – Garry C. –1370 LDFGA, 240 Indoor Range, 618 Outdoor Range.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – June 24, 2017. Bussing has been confirmed. Flyers have been distributed to schools. Jeff F. to coordinate safe handling and pellet gun activities. We are still looking for someone to coordinate the BBQ as well as someone to welcome attendees as they arrive. Same schedule as last year.
MOTION by Bill A. to order t-shirts for volunteers, seconded by Gerry R., carried.
Indoor Range – Discussed grand re-opening. Approximately 35 attended. A copy of the newspaper article is at the Youth Centre as well as the Indoor Range. Discussion on range use. We are required to keep a record of any members’ RPAL numbers who are using restricted guns. Gun shops and ranges to collect numbers. RPALS can also be emailed to Lloyddfga@gmail.com.
Outdoor Range – Discussed range clean up. Positive feedback on benches. Sponsor signs need to be completed. Parking lot sign needs to be installed. Follow up with cost for message board later in the month.
Conservation Camp – NR
Scholarships – Information has been sent to local schools.
Merchandise – NR
Habitat – Dwayne D. and Garry C. still need to head out to the new land.
Hide Program – NR
Trout Ponds – Getting estimate for MacDougall parking lot repair.
Trophies – NR
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show – Servus Center contract still needs to be signed.
Archery Club / Youth Center – Archery programs are done. Range is closed June 19th through to August 15th. LAA members can still use the outdoor 3D course during this time period.
MOTION by Bill A. to sponsor $1000/each to local archers, Gary Bosch and Erin McGladdery, to attend the 2017 World Archery Championship when it is confirmed that they are registered, eligible and on their way; Gary and Erin are to report back to us after World Championship, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
Gordon Leslie Project – Garry C. to report on in June.
Banquet – NR
Fish Fry – Next year’s Fish Fry is set for April 19th 2018.
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Gerald J. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Curtis P., carried.
- Need to install panic doors in Indoor range. Need to follow up on non-conformance items at Youth Center. Archery Club will look after building checks and documentation. Dwayne D. will discuss deficiencies and work with others to get this complete.
- Volunteers needed for Narrow Lake work parties set for June 3-4 and June 10-11.
- Need to book Grace United Church for monthly Tuesday night meetings beginning in October.
- SWF Hannin Creek is looking for sponsorship for a wet/dry research lab.
MOTION by Garry C. to donate $5000 to SWF Hannin Creek for wet/dry research lab, seconded by Larry C., tabled by Garry C., seconded by Larry C. until June 27, 2017 for notification of membership.
- Discussed SWF Region 2 meeting attended by Dwayne D. and Larry C.
- Dwayne D. and Brian H. will be attending SWF Golf Tournament in Elbow, SK on June 20th. They are looking for 2 more golfers as well as a couple of people to serve sausage for the sausage contest.
MOTION for adjournment by Trevor D.
Present at Meeting: Dwayne D., Gwen B., Garry C., Joanna K., Jeff F., Warren S., Brian H., Larry C., Gerald J., Terence H., Carlo M., Bill A., Gerry R., Trevor D. and Curtis P.
President’s Potluck Supper June 27, 2017 6:00 PM LDFGA Youth Center
NEXT MEETING June 27, 2017 7:30 PM LDFGA Youth Center