Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm at Grace United Church.
Minutes: Presented minutes from February 27, 2018 meeting.
MOTION by Larry C., seconded Jeff F., to adopt minutes from February 27 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
Correspondence: Dwayne D. read letter from SWF regarding their Guns for Habitat Program, an opportunity to donate unwanted firearms, in good working condition, that will be sold through fundraising events. The proceeds will support SWF’s Habitat Trust program.
Dwayne D. presented the SWF Fish Artwork Contest information poster.
Larry C. passed around Dryland Fisheries brochure that was received in the mail.
Dwayne D. discussed the SK RFC Media Release regarding the new gun registry. Recommended members go on line and sign petition that is not in favor of this back-door gun registry. See LDFGA or SWF websites for more info.
Memberships – Curtis P. – 1131 LDFGA, 223 Indoor, 490 Outdoor
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – NR
Indoor Range – The Family & Friends Indoor Shooting Event was held on Feb 24th and was successful. A huge thank you to MGO for supplying ammunition for the event. Dwayne D. will look at a comparison from last year for propane usage.
Outdoor Range – Range certification needs to be completed by April 30, 2018. Dwayne D. updated on the progress of the certification and what still needs to be dealt with. Road signs have not been installed by the RM of Britannia yet. The backstops at the 200 and 300 will need to be built up. Spring Clean-Up dates to be announced.
The motion made by Reid B. to spend up to $700 to replace power tools at the Youth Center, seconded by Brian S., was brought back for discussion and the motion was carried.
Conservation Camp – Larry C. updated on the applications for both the SK and AB camps.
Merchandise – Wayne B. distributed a few briefcase bags left over from the 2012 Convention.
Hide Program – Hide boxes need to be picked up when it warms up.
Trout Ponds – Garry C. will paint the fence at MacDougall. The bathroom also needs to be fixed up. Larry C. volunteered to be in charge of the bathroom renovations.
MOTION by Larry C., to spend up to $1000 to upgrade the bathroom at MacDougall pond, seconded Gerry R., motion tabled until April 24, 2018.
Trophies – Ab E. updated on the Provincial Award winners. Congratulations to LDFGA members Dave Mackenzie (Canada Goose Award) and Jim Henderson (Mallard Duck Award).
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show– Angeline J. updated on the Gun Show. It was mentioned that there could have been a few more people for security. The poor food service, at the venue, was discussed.
Archery Club / Youth Center – New door was installed by Gary B. Dwayne D. discussed a request for an ‘Archery’ birthday party at the Youth Center. It was agreed that this would be ok and it would be run the same as other events. There was a request for a 4H Club to host a meeting at the Youth Center, Dwayne D. referred to the LDFGA, as the agreement states that the Archery Club cannot sublet the building and all non-archery bookings must be approved by the LDFGA. Dwayne D. gave a report on the GPS and Geocache course that he taught on February 17th 2018. If there is interest, Dwayne would be willing to do another course. The Archery Club changed the outdoor lights to LED which will help with a power bill cost savings for the Youth Center. Dwayne D. brought forward a discussion regarding splitting the cost of these lighting changes with the LAA. The total cost of the lighting changes is approximately $900.00.
MOTION by Garry C., to split the cost of the lighting with the LAA, seconded by Gerry R., carried.
Brian S. discussed the NASP Nationals taking place in Regina, SK.
Gordon Leslie Project – NR
Banquet – Dwayne D. will put a thank you in the paper for banquet sponsors as well as Magnum Gun who sponsored the ammunition for the February 24th event at the Indoor Range.
Fish Fry – John P. updated that the tickets are available at the gun shops and that approximately 60 tickets have been sold to date. He will require volunteers to help set up and batter the fish on the evening of Wednesday April 18th 2018. Dwayne D., Terrence H., Garry C., Larry C., Reid B. and John P. volunteered to help.
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Larry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Darwin G., carried.
- Need to install panic doors at Indoor Range. Gary B. and Dwayne D. will get this done.
- LDFGA will be hosting the SWF Spring Meeting, on April 28th 2018, at the Lloydminster Agricultural & Exhibition Center. Registration will be at 9:00am and the meeting will start at 10:00am. Lunch will be served. We would like as many LDFGA members as possible to attend. Call Dwayne D. to sign up. Joanna K. to post about the SWF Spring Meeting on the LDFGA website and Facebook page.
- Motions from AGM were voted on. All motions were carried. Please see attached AGM Minutes from January 2nd 2018.
- Dwayne D. was presented with the Clayton Young Memorial award at the 2018 SWF Convention held in Prince Albert, SK on Feb 8-10th 2018. Ab E. was presented with an AFGA Lifetime Membership and Dwayne D. was presented with a Distinguished Service Award at the AFGA Convention held in Edmonton on February 22-24, 2018.
- AFGA meeting will be held on April 14th. Dwayne D., Garry C., Gerry R., Larry C. and Curly H. are planning to attend.
- Dwayne D. discussed the LDFGA and LAA possibly partnering with the Call of the Wild tradeshow on August 17-19, 2018. Dwayne D. will get more information.
- Andrew N. presented on Project Mapleseed, which is a full day marksmanship event. Andrew N. would like the LDFGA to host a Project Mapleseed event at the Outdoor Range. You do not need to be a member of Project Mapleseed to attend. It would be held on a weekday in the summer so as to not interfere with regular members shooting at the range.
MOTION by Andrew N., to pursue hosting a Project Mapleseed at the LDFGA Outdoor Range, on a summer weekday date to be announced, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
- Troy T. presented info on IPSC, the Black Badge Course and holstering of pistols. Discussion on this will continue at the April 24, 2018 meeting.
MOTION for adjournment by Garry C.
Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Joanna K., Garry C., Ab E., Brian H., Curtis P., Daryl L., Wayne B., Gerry R., Jeff F., Carlo M., Terence H., Angeline J., Brian S., Curly H., Troy T., Larry C., Alex R., Andrew N., John P., Reid B. and Darwin G.
NEXT MEETING April 24, 2018 7:30 PM GRACE UNITED CHURCH
SWF SPRING MEETING April 28, 2018 9:00 AM LLOYDMINSTER AG. & EXHIBITION