Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 8:05 pm at the Youth Center.
Minutes: Presented minutes from May 31, 2016 meeting.
MOTION by Bill A., seconded by Brian S., to adopt minutes from May 31 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Curtis P., carried.
- Received water well report
- SWF Alert – Moose collision numbers are high.
Memberships – Garry C. – 1525 LDFGA, 262 Indoor Range, 630 Outdoor Range.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – Successful day. 50 kids signed up, 46 showed. Bill A. found 33 more compasses for souvenirs for the participants.
MOTION by Bill A. to purchase 33 more compasses, seconded by Larry C., carried.
Date for next year June 25, 2017.
Indoor Range – There is still a leak under water hydrant. Dwayne D. is getting started on that.
Track System is getting built July 2 and 3. Need a few more volunteers to come help. Lunch will be provided.
Outdoor Range – Need to get sponsor signs done.
Concrete pads and sidewalk are done. The used cement blocks will be moved in front of indoor range. Reid B. and Gerald J. will look into spraying benches with protective coating.
Conservation Camp – AB accepted 4 kids, SK accepted 2 kids.
Scholarships – Deadline is September 20, 2016. 1 partial applicant.
Merchandise – Dwayne D. sent letter to company with Fishing Measuring Tool.
Habitat – NR
Hide Program – NR
Trout Ponds – Fence posts need to be pushed down at MacDougal.
Larry C. looked at Club pond. Only a couple posts need to be replaced.
Trophies – NR
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show – NR
Archery Club / Youth Center – NR
Gordon Leslie Project – NR
Banquet – NR
Fish Fry – Date set for April 20, 2017.
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Garry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Brian S., carried.
- Need to install panic doors in Indoor range. Will be done when installing new bench area. Need to follow up on non-conformance items. Archery Club will look after Youth center building checks and documentation.
- Discussed getting Hunter’s education course through LDFGA. There is a SK 2 week course in Regina then have to host a course with a certified instructor.
- New Facility Agreement needs to be signed.
- Dwayne D. will resend draft letter to the range committee for more feedback.
- Committee to review Charter: Trevor D., Reid B., Dwayne D., Gerry R. and Larry C.
- RSO course should run even with minimal people. Brian H. will make a list of interested people.
- Need to repair the soffit on Youth Center. The proper backing needs to be put up behind soffit. Costs about $2000.
- Dwayne D. will talk to SK MLA, Colleen Young.
- Ian P. gave update on fishing and hunting regulation proposals. Need to create a resolution for getting answers from biologists about big headed, skinny bodied fish.
- Carlo Monette with Ultus Geomatics did the surveying that was required at Outdoor Range. He can provide pictures/video of our land with a drone. All services will be a donation, for a lane sponsorship at the Indoor Range.
- Person flying recreational drone on our land. Discussed if this should be allowed.
MOTION by Angus J. that no unauthorised use of UAS (drones) on LDFGA’s property, seconded by Carlo M., carried.
MOTION for adjournment by Dwayne D.
Present at Meeting: Dwayne D, Gwen B, Reid B, Garry C, Larry C Gerry R, Brian S, Heather H, Mike R, Ian P, Wayne B, Curtis P, Terence , Jeff F, Gerald J, Stan D, Daryl L, Angus J, Carlo M and Bill A.
NEXT MEETING August 30, 2016 7:30 PM YOUTH CENTER