President Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 8:15 pm at the Legion.
Minutes: Presented minutes from November 29, 2016 meeting.
MOTION by Terence H., seconded by Jeff F., to adopt minutes from November 29 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Curtis P., carried.
- AFGA resolutions for 2017 Convention can be read on their website.
- Letter from AFGA stating they are not participating in AIL program for members anymore.
Memberships – Garry C. – 706 LDFGA, 185 Indoor Range, 262 Outdoor Range.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – June 24, 2017
Indoor Range – Straw bales have been put on top sewer line. 4 lane sponsors so far: Magnum Gun, Altus Geomatics, Hurricane Industries and Dr. K. Naidoo Medical Prof. Corp. Still making adjustments on airflow. Grand Re-opening will happen in near future. Friday evenings are getting busier. Propane needs to be checked regularly and Dwayne needs to be notified when propane is at 35%. Center beam has been reinforced.
Outdoor Range – Waiting to hear back from CFO about 100 yd survey.
Conservation Camp – FinS Program equipment arrived.
Scholarships – Both recipients will be at banquet.
Merchandise – NR
Habitat – NR
Hide Program – Need hide pick up.
Trout Ponds – NR
Trophies – 4 new sponsors. Should do more publicity; a lot of categories have no entries.
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show – Angeline J. – January 21 and 22, 2017. 160 tables so far with 47 exhibitors. Advertising on Newcap is in place. Dwayne D. will book Newspapers. Garry C. doing door and schedule.
Discussed pulling display awards. Lower prize money amount this year: $300, $200 and $100. Consider omitting completely next year.
Archery Club / Youth Center – Annual 3D Shoot January 7 & 8 in the SK Building at Exhibition Grounds. Free viewing. Shooting starts at 8:30 am.
Gordon Leslie Project – NR
Banquet – January 28, 2017. 15 lbs of goose breast donated. Looking for meat donations. Buying beef. Friday evening preparation at 7:00: Jeff F., Daryl L., Larry C., Reid B., Brian S., Ian P., Bill A., Trevor D., Carlo M., Garry C. and Dwayne D.
Fish Fry – April 20, 2017.
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Brian S. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
- Need to install panic doors in Indoor range. Will be done when installing new bench area. Need to follow up on non-conformance items. Archery Club will look after Youth center building checks and documentation.
- Dwayne D. will resend draft letter to the range committee for more feedback.
- Dwayne D. will book appointment to talk to SK MLA, Colleen Young.
- Curly H. and Dwayne D. attended the Winter Spectacular Event. Brought props for kids to touch. Went well.
- Discussed holding meetings at a new venue because of all the booking issues – Grace United Church. Rental is cheaper.
MOTION by Daryl L., to move meetings to Grace United Church until April, then re-evaluate, seconded by Ian P., carried.
- Posters for Gun Show and Banquet have been made and need to be dispersed around neighbouring communities.
- Camo Recliner Raffle Tickets available. Pick up a book from Dwayne D. to sell. Tickets are $5. 1000 tickets printed.
- SWF Convention – Feb 16 – 18, 2017 – Reid B., Dwayne D., Garry C., and possibly Ian P.
AFGA Convention – Feb 16 – 18, 2017 – Ab E., Gerry R., and Warren S.
- Discussed getting rid of unused fridges in indoor range.
MOTION for adjournment by Garry C.
Present at Meeting: Dwayne D, Larry C, Gwen B, Reid B, Wayne B, Bill A, Jeff F, Brian S, Curtis P, Daryl L, Garry C, Ab E, Warren S, Brian H, Trevor D, Carlo M, Ian P, Angeline J and Terence H.
Next Regular Meeting January 31, 2017 7:30 PM GRACE UNITED CHURCH
Next Annual General Meeting January 2, 2018 7:00 PM