Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 9:15 pm at Grace United Church.


Minutes: Presented minutes from November 28, 2017 meeting.

MOTION by Garry C., seconded Angeline J., to adopt minutes from November 28 meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Bill A., carried.



Dwayne D. presented a Thank You Letter from Laurel Waldner, SWF Education Coordinator & Camp Manager, concerning our donation to the Hannin Creek Education and Applied Research Facility.

AFGA Convention Package has arrived.


Committee Reports:

Memberships Garry C- 513 LDFGA, 88 Indoor, 200 Outdoor. Garry C. brought up the issue that some LDFGA members are receiving two copies of the Outdoor Canada West magazine and that this will be taken care of by AFGA. It was discussed that Garry C. would like to step down as Membership Chair and is looking for a volunteer, from within the LDFGA Executive, to take over this position.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayNR

Indoor Range The blinds are installed and heating is working well. Dwayne D. discussed hosting an Indoor Shooting event at the range in February 2018 as a way to promote the club and the range. Dwayne D and Darwin G. will look into a date for holding this event.

Outdoor Range Range certification has been extended to April 30, 2018. Dwayne D. updated on the progress of the certification and what still needs to be dealt with. Signs have been ordered that will be put in place, on the range road, notifying traffic of shooting activity. The LDFGA will provide these signs and the RM will install them. A sign will need to be put up reminding members of proper gong usage.

MOTION by Reid B. to spend up to $700 to replace power tools at the Youth Center, seconded by Brian S., tabled by Reid B. until January 30, 2018.

Conservation Camp NR

Scholarships-   Scholarship was presented to Jade S. by Bill A. as she will be unable to attend the banquet. A photo of the presentation will be emailed to Joanna K. to be added to the LDFGA website at a later date.



Hide ProgramLarry C. updated on the hide program. The boxes will need to be picked up soon, volunteers will be needed to help with this.

Trout PondsNR

TrophiesAb E. updated on the number of entries to date and will be finalizing the trophy sponsors. Ab E. to look into unpaid invoices.

Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show   Angeline J. updated on the number of tables and vendors signed up to date. There are 235 tables and 65 vendors.

Archery Club / Youth Center NR

Gordon Leslie ProjectNR

Banquet Banquet planning meeting to be held on January 10, 2018.  An email will be sent out with details.

Fish Fry – NR


Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Larry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Garry C., carried.


Old Business:

  1. Need to install panic doors at Indoor Range. Gary B. and Dwayne D. will get this done.
  2. Youth Centre roof repair has been completed. Dwayne D. will send a letter to AFGA Zone 5 to apply for financial assistance on the roof repair.


New Business:

  1. AFGA Convention will be held in Edmonton, AB on February 22-24, 2018. Gerry R. and Ab E. are interested in attending.
  2. SWF Convention will be held in Prince Albert, SK on February 8-10, 2018. Dwayne D., Larry C., Reid B. and Garry C. are interested in attending.
  3. Dwayne D. discussed the LDFGA donating towards AFGA’s new office building.

MOTION by Dwayne D. to donate $5000 towards AFGA new office, seconded by Gerry R., tabled by Dwayne D. until January 30, 2018.


MOTION for adjournment by Garry C.


Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Larry C., Joanna K., Reid B., Bill A., Brian S., Garry C., Ab E., Brian H., Carlo M., Angeline J., Eugene H., Gerry R. and Darwin G.



NEXT MEETING                               January 30, 2018                             7:30 PM               GRACE UNITED CHURCH