Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:40 pm at the Youth Center.


Minutes: Presented minutes from June 28, 2016 meeting.

Error: Youth Outdoor Activity Day is on June 24, 2017, not June 25.

Error: Survey Company is Altus Geomatics, not Ultus.

MOTION by Jeff F., seconded by Bill A., to adopt minutes as corrected from June 28 meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Garry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Ian P., carried.

Discussed closing mortgage account as it will cost us money to keep open. No foreseeable large projects.

MOTION by Larry C. to close mortgage account, seconded by Garry C., carried.


Committee Reports:

Memberships Garry C. – 1622 LDFGA, 276 Indoor Range, 705 Outdoor Range.

Discussed changing outdoor membership fees to $35 for new fob and $25 for renewing same fob. Decisions need to be made Sept for fee changes.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayJune 24, 2017

Indoor Range Bathroom is done and operational. Duct work needs to be moved and benches modified.

9 people interested in RSO course.

Outdoor Range Need to get sponsor signs done.

Discussed having our own metal reactive targets available at the 200 and 300 yds.

100 yd berm is lower than wood post in front of it. May have to make berm higher.

Failure in gate again. Gate was fixed and rubber stop was added.

Gerald J. presented a sample of the protective coating for the benches. Discussed sandblasting and applying coating. Gerald will get more information.

Reviewed costs for booster and computer for internet.

Conservation Camp NR

ScholarshipsDeadline is September 20, 2016. 1 applicant.


Habitat NR

Hide Program NR

Trout PondsFew people looking for a place to fish trout. MacDougall is stocked.

TrophiesSent out invoices again to companies who haven’t paid yet.

Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show January 21 and 22, 2017. Brian S. reviewed revised application form. Not sure of prices yet. Brian will check out powder limit in building. Gwen B. will find out expenses and revenue from last year. Discussed display table prices and prize money amounts.

Archery Club / Youth Center Registration for programs is November 2. Soffit repair should be started next week. There are also a couple leaks in the roof.

Gordon Leslie ProjectNR

BanquetJanuary 28, 2017. New agreement needs to be signed. Leftover elk to be made into sausage.

Fish Fry – April 20, 2017.


Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Jeff F. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Bill A., carried.


Old Business:

  1. Need to install panic doors in Indoor range. Will be done when installing new bench area. Need to follow up on non-conformance items. Archery Club will look after Youth center building checks and documentation.
  2. Dwayne D. will resend draft letter to the range committee for more feedback.
  3. Committee to review Charter: Trevor D., Reid B., Dwayne D., Gerry R. and Larry C.
  4. Need to repair the soffit on Youth Center. The proper backing needs to be put up behind soffit. Costs about $2000. Should be starting next week.
  5. Dwayne D. will talk to SK MLA, Colleen Young.
  6. Ian P. presented rough draft on SK resolutions for hunting and fishing.


New Business:

  1. Need to get an updated Insurance policy.
  2. Phone directory on website.


MOTION for adjournment by Gerald J.


Present at Meeting: Dwayne D, Gwen B, Garry C, Larry C, Brian S, Ian P, Jeff F, Gerald J, Brian H, Darwin G, and Bill A.



NEXT MEETING                               September 27, 2016                       7:30 PM               YOUTH CENTER