President Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:35 pm at the Youth Centre.
Minutes: Presented minutes from June 27, 2017 meeting.
MOTION by Bill A., seconded Warren S., to adopt minutes from June 27 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Bill A. to have Larry C. send condolences to the family of John Barton on behalf of LDFGA, seconded by Dwayne D., carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
- Dwayne D. discussed email from SWF regarding branch information. Larry C. to look into SWF grants for Youth Activity Day and SWF Fundraising package for LDFGA Banquet. SWF Women’s Outdoor Weekend is Sept. 29th-Oct. 1st 2017, Joanna K. to put on LDFGA website and Facebook.
- Thank-you card was presented to LDFGA members from Gary and Edith Cunningham.
- Dwayne D. read letter addressed to LDFGA members, from Curtis Byford, regarding Exsile Outdoors plans to open an indoor gun range within the city of Lloydminster.
- Thank-you card was presented by Larry C. from Hailey Cavanaugh for her attendance to the 2017 Conservation Camp.
Memberships – Gary C. –1504 LDFGA, 261 Indoor Range, 722 Outdoor Range.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – NR
Indoor Range – We are required to keep a record of any members’ RPAL numbers who are using restricted guns. Gun shops and ranges to collect numbers. RPALS can also be emailed to email@example.com.
Outdoor Range – Parking lot sign has been installed. Sponsor signs need to be completed. Follow up with cost for message board. Dwayne D., Terrance H. and Trevor D. to install gongs first week of September. Range is in need of a grading, Dwayne D. to look into getting this done. Daryl L. donated a railway rail, welding needs to be done to create this into a drag for range.
Conservation Camp – NR
Scholarships- There are 3 applicants as of August 29th 2017. Deadline for applications is September 20th 2017. An adjudicating committee will need to meet to go through applications.
Merchandise – NR
Habitat – Work bee at SWF Foster land on Wednesday August 30th 2017 to prepare site for cairn.
Hide Program – LDFGA is in need of a volunteer to take over the hide program.
Trout Ponds – Dwayne D. discussed options for MacDougall parking lot repair, waiting on cost estimate.
Trophies – The motion made by Ab E. to pay up to $800 for Warren S. tuition and board to attend Boon and Crockett measuring course was brought back for discussion, after the final cost of $747.98 was presented the motion was carried.
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show – Servus Center 3 year contract has been signed.
Archery Club / Youth Center – Archery is now open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7pm-9pm.
Gordon Leslie Project – NR
Banquet – Discussed food requirements for banquet. There will be a banquet committee meeting on September 14th 2017 at 7:30pm at the Youth Center.
Fish Fry – NR
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Larry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Dwayne D., carried.
- Gary B. and Dwayne D. will see that the panic doors are installed at the Indoor range. Need to follow up on non-conformance items at Youth Center. Archery Club will look after building checks and documentation. Dwayne D. will discuss deficiencies and work with others to get this complete.
- Youth Center roof repair is not finalized with who can supply material and labour. Not all of the companies have gotten back to Gary B. with quotes.
MOTION by Trevor D. to spend up to $7000 on emergency Youth Center roof repair, seconded by Warren S., carried.
- Larry C. discussed the NASP Program for Lloydminster Comp. High School. Motion by Bill A. to assist Lloydminster Comprehensive High School in starting a NASP program was brought back to the table to discuss and an amended motion was presented.
MOTION by Bill A. to assist Lloydminster Comprehensive High School in starting a NASP program in the amount of $1000 once a letter, confirming that the NASP Program is in place, is provided by LCHS administration, seconded by Larry C., carried.
- Tyler V. presented the mission statement of the Canadian Coalition for Firearms Rights (CCFR) and briefly discussed what the CCFR does. Tyler V. will be giving a short presentation about the CCFR at the next meeting on September 26th 2017.
- MOTION by Trevor D. for LDFGA Directors to have access to rental agreement (with Archery club), insurance policies, range certifications, membership list, property cameras/security and keys to all buildings, seconded by Warren S., tabled by Trevor D. until September 26th 2017.
MOTION for adjournment by Bill A.
Present at Meeting: Dwayne D., Joanna K., Jeff F., Warren S., Larry C., Terence H., Bill A., Trevor D., Ab E., Gary C., Tyler V. and Curtis P.
NEXT MEETING September 26, 2017 7:30 PM LDFGA Youth Center