Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:45pm at the LDFGA Youth Center.


Minutes: Presented minutes from June 26, 2018 meeting.

MOTION by Garry C., seconded Bill A., to adopt minutes from June 26 meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Jeff F., carried. Larry C. discussed the option of a quick loan from Credit Union to help pay for the costs of the LDFGA Outdoor Range remodel. He will finalize that later in the week.


Correspondence:  Dwayne discussed the AFGA press release regarding the Alberta Seniors Hunting Discount. The general consensus was that we are not in favour of the discounted licenses for seniors. The other issue is that the Alberta Government went ahead with this regulation without the input from Alberta Fish & Game Assoc. This is not the recognized protocol that the previous Alberta Governments had with AFGA.


Committee Reports:

Memberships Curtis P. – 1397 LDFGA, 271 Indoor, 673 Outdoor


Youth Outdoor Activity DayBill A. walked around the campsite to prep for winter and has compasses on order for next year.

Indoor Range The Indoor Range certification is set for Thursday August 30, 2018.

Outdoor Range The Outdoor Range certification is set for Thursday August 30, 2018 at 11:00am. Dwayne D. discussed the range remodel and some of the issues that were dealt with during construction. A summary of the range remodel costs and sponsorship to date was discussed. Some rock picking will be done on Wednesday August 29, 2018 to finish cleaning up some of the berms. Thank you to Curtis P. for picking up the site supervisory role in completing the range modifications and thank you to all of the volunteers and sponsors that have contributed to date. The FOB system needs to be reprogrammed, Dwayne D. will take care of this later in the week.

Conservation Camp NR

Scholarships-   September 20, 2018 is the deadline for submissions. No applications have been received to date.



Hide ProgramNR

Trout Ponds Larry C. completed some repairs to the roof of the shelter and Garry C. painted the fence.  A garbage bin was blown into the McDougall pond that will need to be retrieved and pulled back out.


Gun and Outdoor Sportsman ShowAugust gun show was cancelled.

Archery Club / Youth Center   The Archery range is once again in use as of August 16, 2018. Program registration will take place this fall.

MOTION by Curtis P. to purchase additional security equipment and power back up, with approximate cost of $1100, for the Youth Center/Archery Club, seconded by Brian H., carried. Motion tabled until the September 25, 2018 meeting.

Gordon Leslie ProjectNR

Banquet Larry C. will be looking into some entertainment options for the 2019 Banquet and is awaiting confirmation for Brendon Labatte. It is time to start spreading the word that we are looking for meat donations.

Fish Fry – NR


Bills to be Paid:


MOTION by Joanna K. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Carlo M., carried.


Old Business:

  1. Panic doors need to be installed at the Indoor Range. Gary B. and Dwayne D. will do this.
  2. Andrew N. gave a quick update on Project Mapleseed which was held on Thursday August 16, 2018. It was a very successful event that sold out very quickly. Thank you to everyone involved. Discussion was had regarding hosting another Project Mapleseed event next year with a possible second day added. Andrew N. will look into this further.
  3. Dwayne D. volunteered at the AFGA BOW camps in July. He instructed four basic GPS courses on two dates in July and discussed possibly holding a GPS course in Lloydminster in the future.


New Business:

  1. Fall meetings are coming up and discussion was had regarding possible resolutions that must be voted on at the September 25, 2018 LDFGA monthly meeting.
  2. There are signs that need to be installed at the Smith and Foster properties. The cleanup of the Foster property will be postponed until Spring 2019, however the grass and weeds around the cairn will need to be cut at the property ASAP.
  3. Gary B. has key #6 for the Indoor Range.
  4. Larry C. discussed selling the large propane tank.


MOTION for adjournment by Andrew N.


Members present at meeting: Dwayne D., Andrew N., Joanna K., Curtis P., Jeff F., Larry C., Bill A., Garry C., Ab E., Brian H., Darwin G., Carlo M., Calvin M.




NEXT MEETING                               September 25, 2018                      7:30 PM               LDFGA YOUTH CENTER