Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:40 pm at the Legion.


Minutes: Presented minutes from March 29, 2016 meeting.

MOTION by Garry C., seconded by Brian H., to adopt minutes from March 29 meeting, carried.


Financial Report:

MOTION by Garry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Gerry R., carried.



  1. Another letter from Deerfoot Inn and Calgary Casino with a room rate discount.
  2. A Right to Arms – A John Robson Documentary. Looking for donations to create this documentary and restore our ancient liberties. www.arighttoarms.com/help-us


Committee Reports:

Memberships Garry C. – 1413 LDFGA, 261 Indoor Range, 547 Outdoor Range.


Youth Outdoor Activity DayJune 25, 2016. Information sheets and applications are available online and at schools. Shep’s is taking completed applications. Bus transportation is booked. Wilderness campsite will be set up.

Indoor Range There is still a leak under water hydrant.

Track System is ready to be sent out. Just organizing broker. Magnum will sponsor a lane.

Outdoor Range Need to get other sponsor signs done.

Range will be closed Friday, April 29 for inspection. Range Clean up is April 30 and May 1 starting at 8. Boy Scouts confirmed for Saturday.

Concrete quote with both the pads and sidewalk is $15,600. Approved cost was $15,000.

MOTION by Brian H. to add $800 to the original $15,000 for concrete, seconded by Mike R., carried.

Lock on gate is still broken. Waiting for parts.

Members still bringing non-members into the range.

Conservation Camp Rotary Club wants to sponsor their own kids; not our applicants.

ScholarshipsSchools have been contacted.

MerchandisePeople looking for a wholesaler for their fishing measuring tool invention. We are not interested in taking that on right now.

Habitat NR

Hide Program Boxes have been removed.

Trout Ponds Picnic table needs to be secured at MacDougal.

TrophiesA few sponsors haven’t paid yet.

Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show NR

Archery Club / Youth Center Youth programs are done. Great results from JOP Finals. 13 medals out of 20 participants. 3 Champions at Nationals.

Gordon Leslie ProjectNR


Fish Fry – People were happy and appreciative. Good way to get our name out. Estimated profit is $600.

Bills to be Paid:

MOTION by Gerry R. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Brian H, carried.



Old Business:

  1. Need to install panic doors in Indoor range. Will be done when installing new bench area. Archery Club will look after Youth center building checks and documentation. Gary Bosch volunteered to install door hardware in Youth Center, around $1000. Dwayne D. will work with others to get deficiencies complete.
  2. Discussed getting Hunter’s education course through LDFGA. There is a SK 2 week course in Regina then have to host a course with a certified instructor.
  3. Motion on removing age restriction tabled definitely by Trevor D.
  4. Discussed having a sign to mark our location on 303. LAA is interested in putting up a sign.
  5. New Facility Agreement was presented to LDD. Just needs to be signed.
  6. Dwayne D. sent out a draft letter to the range committee, asking for feedback. Only 3 replied, but said it was fine. Dwayne D. will resend for more feedback.
  7. Committee to review Charter: Trevor D., Reid B., Dwayne D., Gerry R. and Larry C.
  8. RSO course should run even with minimal people. Brian Hemsworth will make a list of interested people.


New Business:

  1. Archery Club is going to install blinds on the main windows in Youth Center to reduce glare in range.
  2. Reviewed new Federal Liberal Gun Law issues – Bill S-223.
  3. Discussed hunting and fishing conditions in SK. SK is behind on barbless fishing and too many hunting tags are being given out. Resources are dwindling.
  4. Region 2 and Zone 5 reports will be given next month.


MOTION for adjournment by Brian H.


Present at Meeting: Dwayne D, Gwen B, Garry C, Brian H, Heather H, Mike R, Ian P, Gerry R, Corey B and Bill A.



NEXT MEETING                May 31, 2016                    7:30 PM               YOUTH CENTER