Each year the LDFGA holds a Wildlife and Scenery Photography Competition. The images are judged and the winners will be announced at the annual Family & Wildlife Awards Banquet on January 27th 2018. One image from each category will be chosen. The winning images are then sent to the respective provincial (AFGA and SWF) photography competitions. The top three winning images in the provincial competitions may be featured in the Outdoor Canada Magazine, SWF or AFGA websites and/or SWF or AFGA promotional material.
There are 2 photography categories:
Wildlife: Images must be taken in Saskatchewan or Alberta only (must specify from which province image was taken when submitting), Big Game, Predators, Birds, Fish…etc, no animals in the confines of a park or game farm, no hunting photos. Please only submit images where wildlife is in their natural state. Humans not allowed.
Scenery: Images must be taken in Saskatchewan or Alberta only (must specify from which province image was taken when submitting). Humans not allowed.
Rules for Submitting:
- Participants must be a have a current LDFGA Membership.
- 8 x 10 or 8.5 x 11 sized prints (color or black and white).
- Photos must NOT be framed or matted for display.
- Photos can only be entered once.
- Competition is for amateur photographers only. Trail camera photos are not allowed.
- Open to all ages.
- Lighting, development, type of film used will be the choice of the participant. Digital photo enhancement is limited to cropping, dust removal and adjusting lighting and colour. Any photo layering or combining will not be permitted.
- Photos will be numbered for display.
- LDFGA, SWF and AFGA are not responsible for loss or damage of entries.
- Please have entries submitted, by December 31st 2017, to:
Ab England (780-875-2673)
3503 57 Avenue
Lloydminster, AB T9V 1S8