President Dwayne D. called the meeting to order at 7:34 pm at the Youth Center.
Minutes: Presented minutes from May 30, 2017 meeting.
MOTION by Brian S., seconded Bill A., to adopt minutes from May 30 meeting, carried.
MOTION by Larry C. to adopt financial report, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
Memberships – Joanna K. –1424 LDFGA, 249 Indoor Range, 658 Outdoor Range.
Fundraising – NR
Youth Outdoor Activity Day – Discussed June 24th 2017 Youth Outdoor Activity Day. A very successful year thanks to all of the members who volunteered. There were 44 children who attended. We need to look at getting the media involved next year.
Indoor Range – We are required to keep a record of any members’ RPAL numbers who are using restricted guns. Gun shops and ranges to collect numbers. RPALS can also be emailed to email@example.com.
Outdoor Range – Parking lot sign has been completed and needs to be installed. Sponsor signs need to be completed. Follow up with cost for message board. Gongs need to be installed at 200 yd and 300 yd.
Conservation Camp – There are 3 to attend Saskatchewan and 4 to attend Alberta.
Scholarships – NR
Merchandise – NR
Habitat – Dwayne D. and Garry C. toured the new SWF Foster Habitat land, north of Maidstone. It is a great habitat property. There is work to be done, which LDFGA will help with, such as buildings to be demolished and removed.
Hide Program – NR
Trout Ponds – Getting estimate for MacDougall parking lot repair. Also, the tank at MacDougall needs to be pumped, garbage can lids need to be replaced and siding needs replacing on the washrooms.
On June 16th 2017, Garry C. and Larry C. accompanied Mr. Sean Donald and his students from E. S. Laird, as they released trout fingerlings into MacDougall Trout Pond. They released approximately 100 fingerlings, which they hatched and raised from eggs provided by the Sask. Wildlife Federation “Fish in Schools” Program (FINS).
Trophies – MOTION by Ab E. to pay $800 for Warren S. tuition and board to attend Boon and Crockett measuring course in Leduc, AB from July 30th to August 3rd 2017, tabled by Larry C., seconded by Bill A. until August 29, 2017.
Gun and Outdoor Sportsman Show – Servus Center contract still needs to be signed.
Archery Club / Youth Center – Range is closed June 19th through to August 19th. LAA members can still use the outdoor 3D course during this time period.
Gordon Leslie Project – NR
Banquet – NR
Fish Fry – Next year’s Fish Fry is set for April 19th 2018.
Bills to be Paid:
MOTION by Larry C. to pay outstanding bills, seconded by Jeff F., carried.
- Gary B. and Dwayne D. will see that the panic doors are installed at the Indoor range. Need to follow up on non-conformance items at Youth Center. Archery Club will look after building checks and documentation. Dwayne D. will discuss deficiencies and work with others to get this complete.
- Dwayne D. and Gary B. looked into the Youth Center roof leak and are working on getting cost estimates. This will need to be dealt with as soon as possible.
- The motion made by Garry C. to donate $5000.00 to the Hannin Creek Wet/Dry Lab Project, was brought back and opened for discussion. After further discussion the motion was carried.
- Dwayne D. and Brian H. attended the SWF Golf Tournament in Elbow, SK on June 20th. It was a great fundraiser for SWF and fun was had by all.
- Lloydminster Comprehensive High school has expressed an interest in starting a NASP program. Dwayne D., Bill A. and Larry C. met with school representatives on June 27, 2017 to exchange information.
MOTION by Bill A, to assist Lloydminster Comprehensive High school in starting a NASP program, in the amount of $1000, seconded by Larry C., tabled by Bill A. until August 29, 2017.
- Larry C. received the contract from Grace United Church for monthly meetings. Meetings will be held at Grace United Church from November 2017 through to March 2018.
MOTION for adjournment by Bill A.
Present at Meeting: Dwayne D., Joanna K., Jeff F., Gail F., Warren S., Larry C., Terence H., Bill A., Gerry R., Trevor D., Brian S., Ab E., Daryl L. and Wayne B.
NEXT MEETING August 29, 2017 7:30 PM LDFGA Youth Center