The University of Saskatchewan has initiated new research regarding feral boar in Canada. Feral boar are a highly invasive species in North America. Numerous threats and concerns are associated with the presence of feral boar including, but not limited to;
- crop, livestock, and structural damage
- disease transmission to wildlife, livestock, and humans
- environmental degradation
- competition with and predation of native wildlife
- and threats to human safety
Currently in Canada feral boar distribution and density is unknown. Few management or control strategies exist, and aside from this research, no monitoring or research is being conducted regarding feral boar in Canada. You can help.